Ketogenic Diet and High Blood Pressure – Are you suffering from hypertension? Or have you ever had high blood pressure? High blood pressure is a condition where blood pressure in the artery wall is too high, causing dizziness and blurred vision due to overpressure. Then what can be the cause of high blood? Many factors that cause high blood one of them is smoking, diabetes, obesity, etc.
There are still many factors that trigger high blood pressure. At this time, we will discuss the link between ketogenic diet and high blood pressure. When we eat certain foods then side effects will occur in our body. When running ketogenic diet will certainly have side effects on the body and our blood pressure. Blood pressure is too high and too low will produce an effect that is not good, then before doing ketogenic diet, we should know what side effects it produces on our blood pressure.
Side Effects of Blood Pressure
Before entering the discussion about relation ketogenic diet and high blood pressure we should understand the side effects that you may experience if you have too high blood pressure and too low.
Definition of blood pressure is the pressure exerted by circulating blood upon the walls of the blood vessel and is one of the principal vital sign. A person’s blood pressure is usually expressed in terms of the systolic pressure over diastolic pressure and is measured in millimeters of mercury (mm Hg). Normal resting blood pressure for an adult is approximately 120/80 mm Hg. When used without further specification, “blood pressure” usually refers to the arterial pressure of the systemic circulation, usually measured at a person’s upper arm.
Definition of Blood pressure varies with the strength of the heartbeat, the volume of blood being pumped, and the elasticity of the blood vessels. the numerator equal to the blood pressure during systole and the denominator equal to the blood pressure during diastole.
Varies depending on situation, activity, disease states, and is regulated by the nervous and endocrine systems Definition of blood pressure.
- High blood, blood pressure on our body can be high if it is above 140/90, if blood pressure is too high on the body will cause some side effects such as the following:
- Stroke, the main cause of stroke is high blood. When a person has high blood pressure then you should be aware of the danger of stroke that will come. Therefore, you really need to keep your blood pressure to normal.
- Hypertensive retinopathy, high blood pressure can cause damage to small blood vessels in the eye so that in this condition your vision will be disrupted.
- Arterial blood vessels, too high blood pressure can result in arterial blood vessel disease that causes the death of leg and arm tissue, often feeling sore on the legs and arms, and tingling.
- Being irritable, when a person’s blood pressure is at a high level it can affect the patient’s emotions where something around him will be disturbing and emotionally ups and downs.
- Irregular pulse, too high blood pressure will force the heart to pump blood faster so that the heart performance become more than usual, then the heart rate will beat quickly and not normal.
- In addition to high blood pressure is someone can also can be in a low blood pressure position. Blood pressure that is too low also has bad side effects on growing. This condition occurs when a person’s blood pressure is below 90/60. Here are the affects you will experience if your blood pressure is too low:
- The effect that will be felt when your blood pressure in low position is blurry vision. In this condition due to lack of blood pressure in the eye so that the eye cannot focus.
- Cold sweat, when the pressure on our body is low then the heart will work very quickly that triggers the cold sweat out on our body.
- Easy to feel weak, when the blood supply is not optimal on every part of the body then the body will experience a lack of blood that causes a person weakness and easily feel tired.
- Reduced concentration, when the brain does not have optimal blood intake it will certainly affect the performance of the brain that will make us lose concentration and focus in doing something.
- Potentially cause other disease; due to low blood pressure and the blood circulation that is not optimal the body will decrease immunity so that it can trigger the occurrence of disturbances in the body such as kidney, liver, lungs, and brain.
Having a blood pressure that is too high or too low will be a very bad risk in our body, therefore; keeps blood pressure to remain normal is something that must be done so that we avoid all the diseases caused by blood pressure.
Ketogenic Diet for Blood Pressure
How the relation of ketogenic diet and high blood pressure? Running ketogenic diet is to limit the intake of certain foods in the body. This condition can certainly affect a person’s blood pressure. According to some studies, someone who runs ketogenic diet will experience a decrease in blood pressure. This would be good if done by someone who has high blood pressure to regain normal blood pressure in the body. But for someone who has low blood pressure doing this diet will worsen the situation resulting in harmful side effects on the body.
What causes low blood pressure when running a ketogenic diet? One cause of high blood pressure is too much consumption of sugar and carbohydrates. By running the diet ketogenic sugar and carbohydrate intake will be reduced so that insulin in the body is not produced too much insulin and cause a decrease in blood pressure levels in a person. Some researchers have been convinced that a ketogenic diet has better side effects than taking pills to lower a person’s blood pressure. Therefore, for someone who has high blood pressure then have to run this diet, but if you have low blood pressure should consult first before you run Ketogenic Diet and High Blood Pressure method.
Other articles you might like;
- Beware of Potassium Ketogenic Diet Deficiency!
- Can You Drink Alcohol on A Ketogenic Diet?
- Foods to Eat on The Ketogenic Diet Recommendation
- Is Red Wine Allowed in Ketogenic Diet Red Wine?
- Ketogenic Diet for Muscle Gain Guide