Ketogenic diet Dr Oz ideas are one effort to lose weight and maintain health by regulating the intake of certain nutrients in the body. The trend of dietary methods is always changing from year to year. In addition, there are some dietary trends that could be popular such as diet based on blood type, OCD diet, and diet mayo.
For some ordinary people, who know keto diet is a diet by eating fatty foods may be something that does not make sense. But a detailed explanation of how the keto diet works that I will discuss here will give you the knowledge that I think is enough!
“As we know the diet is changing the lifestyle, which of course must lead to a healthier direction. So, it is not recommended if you dieting without exercising!”
A new type of dietary trend called ketogenic diet or more popularly known as keto diet. This diet has been discussed by Dr Mehmet Cengiz Oz or known as Dr Oz in his TV show of the Dr Oz Show. The Ketogenic diet Dr Oz offers a faster weight loss than other dietary methods.
In his show, Dr Oz also conducted a demonstration that illustrates how ketogenic diets work and helps lose weight. The Ketogenic diet is already there. ketogenic diet from Dr Oz is not the latest trend but is a diet that was researched and designed in 1924 by Dr Russell Wilder at the Mayo Clinic. Initially, the ketogenic diet is used to cure patients with epilepsy. In 1944, Charlie Abraham who suffered from seizures since toddlers tried to diet ketogenic and then recover from his illness. The ketogenic diet is continuously evolving to date.
How Is Ketogenic Diet Dr Oz?
A ketogenic diet is a diet method by regulating fat intake and high but low carbohydrate. It keeps your body in ketosis and changes the way your body uses energy. The lack of incoming carbohydrates reduces the need for protein breakdowns for sugars and increases the use of fats and ketones as a source of energy fuels.
In his show, Dr Oz invites some women to tell her success stories in losing their weight and whether this diet is recommended. A woman claimed to have lowered her 34 kilograms of weight by this diet method! The ketogenic diet not only can lose weight but also treat epilepsy, heart disease, polycystic ovary syndrome, cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s and diabetes.
There are two ketogenic dietary methods you can follow, a standard ketogenic diet with 75% proportion of fat, 20% protein, and 5% carbohydrate) and a high protein ketogenic diet with the proportion of 60% fat, 35% protein, and 5% carbohydrates. The use of these two methods of the ketogenic diet depends on the condition of your body.
Place the Body in A State Of “Ketosis”
This diet will lead your body to ketosis and change the way your body uses energy. The steps you can take are to reduce your intake of carbohydrates, increase your consumption of healthy fats, not eat sugar/glucose so your body is forced to burn fat and produce ketones. Once the blood ketone level rises at a certain point, then you have entered a ketosis state. This condition will lose your weight consistently and fast enough until you get the desired weight.
List of the ketogenic Dr Oz food recommendation:
- Recommended Food
- Healthy fats: saturated fat, MCT oil, palm fruit, olive oil, linseed oil, macadamia, avocado oil, butter, lard, chicken fat, duck fat.
- Protein: meat from grass-eating animals, poultry meat, animal organs, egg yolks, fish.
- Non-starchy vegetables: green vegetables, vegetables crosses, spices, little vegetables high in carbohydrates.
- Fruit-based fat: avocado.
- Snacks: boiled eggs, vegetables with home dressing, avocado with smoked salmon, minced meat wrapped in lettuce.
- Condiments: apple vinegar, unsweetened mustard, spicy sauce, spices
- Drink: unsweetened water, coffee and tea.
- Occasionally Consumed Food
- High-fat milk: high cow’s milk and high-fat goat, high-fat cheese.
- Vegetable medium-flour: sweet pea, artichoke, okra, radish, well, beetroot, sweet potato, potato
- Grains: chia seeds, flaxseed, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, lentils, hummus, soy products
- Nuts: peanut butter, butter grains, beans, red beans, almonds, walnuts, cashews, pistachios
- Fruits: blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, raspberries.
- Snacks: protein smoothie, olives, 1 tablespoon peanut butter, the handful of nuts, vegetables with melted cheese.
- Spices: unsweetened tomato sauce, sour cream, mustard, spicy sauce, lemon/lime juice, soy sauce, salad spice, pickles, stevia.
- Drink: fresh fruit and vegetable juice, unsweetened coconut milk or almond, water with lemon or lime juice.
- Prohibited Food
- Sugar: all kinds of sugar, syrup, honey and agave,
- Mealy: oats, rice, wheat, quinoa, pilaf, corn and all corn products, all flour products.
- Processed foods: crackers, chips, pretzels, all kinds of sweets, all kinds of cakes, pancakes, waffles, oatmeal, cereals.
- Sweet and calorie drinks: soda, alcohol, coffee and sweet tea, milk and sweet milk products, sweetened fruit juice.
Read This: Ketogenic Diet Mayo Clinic Guidelines
How to Test and Measure A Ketosis Body?
The characteristics of your body have entered ketosis conditions characterized by bad breath (caused by acetone), weight loss, lack of appetite, increased focus, increased energy, early constipation or diarrhea, and difficulty sleeping early in the diet. To measure ketosis, you can use a urine strip or perform a respiratory analysis and a blood ketone monitor. You should consult with your doctor or nutritionist before doing this diet. The goal is to find out if this diet is suitable for your body condition and how diet plan you can live.
The conclusion is ketogenic diet Dr Oz is a diet method that regulates high fat and low carbohydrate intake. Fat intake to be consumed per day reaches 60-75%, protein reaches 20-35%, and carbohydrate reaches 5% or about 20-30 grams. This diet will bring your bub in a ketosis state and change the way the body uses fuel to create energy. So how? are you now interested to do a ketogenic diet? Make sure the diet you live in accordance with the condition of your body. You can consult a doctor or nutritionist to find the right diet method for you. Last but not least, Good luck!
Other articles you might like;
- How To Lose Weight Without Exercising In 1 Week Practically
- Losing Inches but Not Weight Bodybuilding Guides
- Losing Inches But Not Weight Low Carb Diet
- Drinking Water Help You Lose Weight Or Gain Weight – 4 Facts
- Does Drinking Water Help You Lose Weight On Slimming World