What Does A Ketogenic Diet Consist Of? Let’s get to know more about ketogenic diet as known ketogenic diet is one of the dietary methods that is often disclosed by people who run the diet because of its success losing weight. We have discussed the effects of doing ketogenic diet so you must know about the benefits and dangers of this ketogenic diet.
what does a ketogenic diet consist of? As we have discussed before ketogenic diets are diets that use low carb diet methods are required to reduce the intake of carbohydrates into the body so that the body automatically change burning energy sources into fat due to thinned carbohydrate. This diet method nutrition consists 70%fat, 25%protein and 5%carbohydrate.
But many people who hesitate in starting this diet due to consumption of “fat”. Most people have the idea that fat is the main source of the cause of a person’s weight gain and the source of dangerous diseases such as hypertension and heart disease. However, actually, not all fats have bad properties and damage the body.
Actually, our body also needs fat to be a source of energy, the source of cell growth, support brain function, hormone production, and help the absorption of vitamins. So many good functions of fat for the body that we do not know just because of too much talk about the bad side of fat. In this discussion, we will discuss more the nutrition that consists of the ketogenic diet.
Some Food on What Does A Ketogenic Diet Consist Of
The ketogenic diet should have a strict plan of foods. When doing a ketogenic diet, we are only allowed to eat foods that contain high levels of fat. Carbohydrates that come in only 5% of the total intake of food into our bodies. it is a very small amount not but that is the goal of this diet.
As we have repeatedly explained that in carrying out ketogenic diet is fat is the main consumption of this diet. The fact that we consume in daily consumption in the run ketogenic diet is 70% while protein needed only 25% and carbohydrate which only require the intake of 5%.
Ordinary people will usually feel hesitant to do this diet due to the knowledge of bad fats. Therefore, we will discuss what types of fats and fats are good for the body so you no longer need to worry about fat intake in the body.
- Saturated Fat, this type of fat many we find in red meat, or chicken meat, turkey, and cheese. Usually in solid form like wax but this fat can also be found in vegetable oil in liquid form. The function of this fat as a source of energy is the type of fat that helps you get the body’s energy when our body lacks carbohydrate. Due to its semi-solid form when it freezes, this fat can be dangerous because it can stick to our blood vessels and can clog the bloodstream. Therefore, we need to be very careful when choosing the type of meat to be consumed.
- Monounsaturated Fat, this form of fat is usually found in liquid types such as olive oil, sesame oil, peanut oil, avocados, almonds etc. This fat in addition to functioning as a source of energy for the body of this fat also serves to improve the level of LDL cholesterol in the body that serves to deliver fat throughout the body through the blood vessels.
- Polyunsaturated Fat, this fat is called plural because the carbon atoms in the carbon chain of the molecule are unsaturated with hydrogen because there are two or more double bonds between the carbon atoms. Polyunsaturated fat has considerable benefits because although they have little potential for elevated blood cholesterol levels but cholesterol levels raised are good HDL (blood cholesterol) cholesterol. Polyunsaturated fat is commonly derived from plant foods and fatty fish such as olive oil, salmon and mackerel.
- Trans fats, where there has been a change in the bond or configuration of the unsaturated fat. The shape of this trans-fat is solid. That’s why this fat has a high danger that can clog the bloodstream, this type of fat is the fact you should avoid. This fat is usually found in margarine.
The Other Nutrition That Needed in Ketogenic Diet
In addition to fat as the main ingredient used for energy sources in the diet ketogenic so, what does a ketogenic diet consist of? we also need protein and carbohydrates, the protein needed when running this diet is 25% while the other 5% is provided to refill carbohydrates. do you know what the function of the protein is?
Protein is a high molecular weight organic compound. The protein molecule consists of carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and sulfur and phosphorus. Proteins have an important function in the structure of all cells in the body. Protein has a function as a source of energy, helping the formation and repair of cells in the tissues, as synthetic hormones, enzymes, and antibodies, as a regulator of the balance of acid levels in cells, as well as a source of food reserves. Protein is divided into two parts, namely vegetable protein and animal protein. For vegetable protein, you can get it by consuming tofu, tempeh, chia seed, and almond. For animal protein, you can eat meat, cheese, eggs, and milk.
Carbohydrate is a nutrient that is known as the main source of energy body. Carbohydrates are the smallest amount of nutrients needed for a ketogenic diet because of the content of glucose present in carbohydrates that can make the body excess blood sugar levels.
Avoid consuming rice, wheat, corn, sweet potatoes, potatoes, cassava, bananas, mango, apples, pears, and whole fruits that contain sweet when doing the ketogenic diet. For a carbohydrate source, you can get from green vegetables such as spinach, broccoli and cabbage. Here you go, you got the answer of What Does A Ketogenic Diet Consist Of. Good luck with your keto!
Other articles you might like;
- How Many Carbs on Low Carb Diet Management Intakes
- How to Lose Weight without Working out Wikihow Explains
- How To Lose Weight Without Exercising Or Eating Less
- He’s Losing Weight Memes Couple Diet Business
- Not Losing Weight Meme Dietary Problems